Friday, June 7, 2013

Katiedid + Emmedid getaway.

I've been a very bad blogger these past few months. 
Whoopsie!
But, between full days with a busy toddler and a queasy Mommy with little energy, just the thought of writing a complete sentence during my little daytime downtime was exhausting.
Now that I'm semi back to "normal" I'm going to try my best to play catch up. 

The getaways. 
Being out, about, and on the go really did make the first miserable weeks of pregnancy manageable. 
It kept Emme easily entertained and Mommy even got to rest for a few days. 
Win, win for everyone!

Lakeway Resort Round 1. 
We were so lucky to have this short little midweek staycation while Matt was in Austin working. 
Sometimes, it's kinda cool to have a husband who travels every other week!
Since it was in the middle of the week, Emme and I basically had the pool to ourselves!
She had the time of her life splashing around in the water!
Dada joined us later that afternoon after he was done working. 
Check out the awesome slide!
Emme couldn't get enough!
 Such a fun little family getaway!

Girls weekend in Rockport. 
I spent my first full weekend EVER away from Emme with 2 of my favorite girlfriends in Rockport. 
We lounged, snacked, shopped...
Had a few {non-alcholic for me!} beverages...
Ate at a cuper cool harbor and were asleep by 10. 
A perfect girls weekend in my opinion.
Thanks again, Meg! Can't wait to do it again!

Lakeside Resort Round 2. 
Memorial Day Weekend we headed back to Lakeway with some of our very best friends.
Saturday we just lounged by the pool. 
 Sunday started with breakfast on a balcony. 
I still can't believe our besties are getting married!
{Another long overdue post coming soon!}
And then we were off for a some boating fun on Lake Travis. 
We went to the infamous Devils Cove and enjoyed some great people watching!
But, with 2 preggo's on board we were definitely not the coolest boat in the cove. 
We went back to the pool later that afternoon and then enjoyed a yummy Italian dinner together. 
We are looking forward to many more getaways with these 2 couples!

And that's a getaway wrap!
Happy Friday y'all!

No comments: