Saturday, April 21, 2012

Emmedid go home.

After a total of 3 days in the hospital, we were more than ready to bring little Em home. 
Let me just tell you, motherhood comes with an incredible amount of fears. 
First, you stress over every little aspect of your pregnancy. From what you eat to the amount of exercise you do. It's crazy the freakish things you wonder. 
Second, you reach the end of your pregnancy and you become traumatized at the thought of labor. I truly believed something horrible would happen to me or Em and one {or both} of us would not make it home alive. 
Lastly, now you have this precious, sacred little baby and you are taking it home. {Hallelujah! We both made it out alive!} But, now we are solely responsible for keeping this little person alive. 
Some way, some how, we did it! 
 And our lives are filled with more happiness than I ever could have dreamed. 

Pictures, please. 
Hey, baby girl. 
Our sweet photographer for the morning, Auntie Holly. 
I was totally impressed with our hospital stay.
I did not know much about the L&D floors at Memorial Hermann {TMC}, but I highly recommend it!
The nurses were awesome, the service was fantastic, and the rooms were large enough to accommodate our huge family. 
Emme even got a birthday cake from the hospital the day she was born!
She was all smiles on her way out. 
I remember approaching the glass doors and thinking I didn't want to take my sweet baby into the real, scary, and occasionally ugly world we live in. For nine months she was protected inside my belly, for three days she has been safe inside the controlled environment of the hospital, and now we are going out into the world of unknown. While there is so much unknown, I do know I will spend every day of the rest of my life doing all I can to protect her!
Our first attempt at getting her in the car seat. 
Mommy tip: Do try strapping something {stuffed animal, dog, another baby, whatever} into the car seat before actually trying to put your child in it. You have no idea how complicated these silly things are. 
Cold weather + screaming child + frustrated parents + a watching valet line= Taking the seat out of the car and going back inside to figure it all out. 
Strapped in and finally ready to go!
Snug as a bug. 
Up close and personal on the way home. 
She squirmed a bit but didn't make a peep. 
We made it home!
Gracie-Goo got a little present too!
Grace meets Emme. 
Daddy difficulties. 
It's a GIRL nursery!
A few more pink gift's from Glamma. 
First diaper change in the nursery. 
Home. 
Snuggled in the Snugabunny. 
Welcome home Emme party. 
Once again, almost no pictures of everyone that was there. 
{I'm awful at entertaining and picture taking.}
I did get one of the girls and our babies!
Meeting Auntie Alli. 
We had a great first day at home!
And we even survived our first sleepless night alone. 
I had {and still have} this huge fear that Emme will stop breathing at night. 
Crazy, control freak Mom, I know. 
When you love something so, so, so much, you just can't help it. 
Once again, I find myself giving up my worries to God and praying like I have never prayed before. 

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ."
Philippians 4:6-7

2 comments:

Big K Fam said...

I think I have experienced every one of your fears too! Welcome home Emme, you have a great mommy! =)

Unknown said...

You looked amazing and Emme is precious! We have the same car seat and swing... must be a Ka(y)tie(e) thing :)